25.7.08

NEW WEBSITE... and other stuff I like

I've finally, after much back-tracking and dawdling, got around to redoing my website, check it out. I won't be messing around with it too often so I'll be using this blog to post up any news and/or nonsense I have...for instance:

Looks like I'll be doing some art type graffiti stuff at this year's Electric Picnic Festival at the end of August. I'll be joining some other very talented artists and most excitingly of all a possible reunion of the the Tender Trio(myself, Christian Reeves and Brooklyn exile, Stephen Kelleher). Screw the Sex Pistols and My Bloody Valentine, this would be the biggest comeback of the weekend. Also...

Scott Pilgrim, Rating: Awesome. Completely randomly came across this brilliant comic by Bryan Lee O'Malley and then quickly devoured all four volumes. I urge you to do the same, it's become one of my favorite things ever. Word of advise, don't read the blurb on the back, just dive in and be surprised. And...

The Man who was Thursday by G. K. Chesterton; imagine Sherlock Holmes meets James Bond, written by Flann O'Brien. Yes it's that good. Between this and Scott Pilgrim I've regained fate in the world.

Next time I may have some actual illustration to post up. BC

2 comments:

tomm said...

the man who was thursday is a class book and your work gives me renewed faith also!

Brian Coldrick said...

Cheers Tom, I'd wanted to read 'the man who was thursday' for ages because I just liked the title and I remembered liking some Father Brown stories I'd read, but I wasn't expecting such surreal fun. Unfortunately Chesterton never got round to writing 'the man who was october'. BC